Monks Walk Garden
Monks Walk Historic Garden is on the site of the original Franciscan Friary, behind the old Lichfield Library building and to the left of the college.
It is a linear garden with a south-west facing wall and a sunny aspect at one end. Lichfield residents have been tilling the soil for nearly eight centuries. Since the land was bequeathed to the city in 1920, it has been used as a park, school, college, public library and now apartments. The land is now owned by Pegasus Life. There is a right of public access.
Enjoy the quiet calm of the garden surrounded by overflowing borders, trees and shrubs, and help us continue to develop and protect it - volunteers welcome!
Find out about Monks Walk Historic Garden events, activities, projects and achievements on our Facebook page.
Contact the Monks Walk Group, c/o Chapter House Monks Close Lichfield WS13 6QG